Nelson RegionThe bountiful Nelson region is situated at the north-western tip of the South Island, surrounded by mountains and sea. The region is well-known for its:
- High sunshine hours and temperate climate: Nelson regularly records the highest annual sunshine hours in New Zealand.
- Spectacular scenery: The region is the gateway to three spectacular National Parks - Abel Tasman, Nelson Lakes and Kahurangi - with magnificent mountains and forests, and pristine rivers and beaches.
- Outdoor adventure activities: Such as bush and mountain walking, fishing, golf, sea kayaking, sailing, kite surfing and world-class mountain biking.
- Creative excellence: There are many festivals throughout the year celebrating art, food, music and culture, and many art galleries and artist studios to visit.
- Fine food and drink: The fertile Nelson region is noted for its fresh seafood, fruit and wines. It has many award-winning cafes, restaurants, wineries and several boutique breweries.